Partay!! (continued)


Okay, so this week I totally neglected to update you on last Saturday’s wine-tasting get-together... It was a HUGE success.
We kept it simple, with the decorations I made beforehand, the wines the hubby mostly selected, some favourite and unknown cheeses and a handful of friends. 
I made a little blue and white polka dot tablecloth first, by just cutting some nice fabric into the biggest circle i could get out of it:



(Tip: to cut a big circle like that, I folded the fabric in half and then quarter. Then i folded in a triangle - keep the centre of the fabric in mind, and make sure it stays in a corner. If necessary/possible, fold in half lengthwise again. Now measure from the ‘centre corner’, (the pointiest corner) to the closest other corner. That’s our radius, so you make markings from the centre to that length, so you know where to cut. Cut, open up the folds and voila! A circle!)
Then I cut out circles in different colours. Some I kept to place around as decor, and some I stitched together to make garlands:

Then I decided to make some wine glass markers using the leftover fabric and some colourful buttons:



...but then I decided against it, and used my Cricut Expressions to cut out little scalloped borders, together with more circles, tags and speech bubbles, in yellow, orange, red, green and blue. I twisted a scalloped border around the bottom of the glass and put another colour dot on each one.



I also cut out the letters to the word ‘Welcome!’ and pasted them on dots.



The speech bubbles I cut out I used to indicate the different types of cheese, and the labels to indicate the types of wine and hints of what it has in it.

Beyond that I was out of ideas, and I didn’t want to overdo it either, so I just bought the only dotted serviettes I could find, and some cutting boards for the cheese. I decorated the entrance area with garlands and the ‘welcome’ dots:




  then asked hubby to put up some garland wherever he felt. At first I wasn’t too sure, but then realised I liked it :) 
I then got to set up the table with the snacks...

...and the wine on the side...

All in all it turned out to be a casual, laid-back and fun-filled afternoon with us and 5 friends. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and got a few compliments on a cute and fun party!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        

Comments