PARTAY!


So my husband and I decided to host our first ever event in early February. A wine tasting afternoon for few people at our flat (apartment). Seeing as we want to keep it fun and SO informal, I thought to move away from stiff and go with a festive theme, like white and dots! Dots galore!

Now, I’m planning to make all the décor from scratch and things I have already, like dotted wrapping paper, coloured paper and dotted fabric. I’m just a bit scared of accidentally creating a CIRCUS theme!!! Lol. So keeping that in mind, and that the ‘menu’ consists of wine, cheese and fruit, I need some ideas, some creative inspiration!

Here’s hoping I get some before Feb. I’ll do a follow up post, either before the event to say how it’s going, or after to report whether it was a success or not.

Toodles (and feel free to share ideas!)

Marchy

Comments

Alanna said…
Hi! Cute blog!! I love the idea of a polka dot theme. Have you seen the entertaining blog Pizzazzerie?

http://pizzazzerie.com/

It has tons of great ideas for entertaining and ideas that compliment your theme.

Can't wait to see how your party turns out!

Alanna
aburtch swapbot
Marchy said…
Thanks Alanna
Going there RIGHT NOW!
I'm quite excited, but a bit scared my steam will run out before the time!! (typical of me, lol!) but luckily my awesome and level-headed husband will keep me on track ;) no pressure, lol
Thanks for the visit
Mwoahs
Marchy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
Ooooh. Wine tasting! I haven't been to a wine tasting party yet but it sounds fun...and posh! Cheers! Haha.
Unknown said…
Greetings from Swap bot! Post pictures of what your homemade decor looks like! I would love to see. Good luck with it!

Sarina
Marchy said…
Hi Curiosa Kat

Thanks for dropping by again (love it!)! I've never been to a wine tasting party before either, only to tasting farms, so I cannot wait to do this our way. Fun, not the typical stiff affair (i assume), just laid back...

I'll put up pictures some time.
M
Marchy said…
Hi Sarina

Will upload some preliminaries... not sure what it'll turn out like though... feel free to give some tips.
:)
M